Rent a BMW F800GS motorcycle in Romania. Explore the fabulous alpine roads and be amazed by the wonderful views. Border crossing is allowed and you can explore more of Europe.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Rent a BMW F800GS Motorcycle in Romania and experience the thrill of the winding mountain roads and the stare at the serene views. Catch the flight to Cluj-Napoca or Targu Mures. Get a transfer from the airport to the garage, collect the motorcycle complete with a full tank of fuel and enjoy some of the best days of your life.
Rent Motorcycle Romania
BMW F800GS - Specs
- Engine: four stroke, parallel twin cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Capacity: 798cc/47.7 cub.in.
- Cooling: liquid cooled
- Induction: Electronic intake injection
- Starting: electric
- Transmission: 6 speed
- Seat height: 850 mm to 880 mm/ 33.5 in. to 34.6 in.
- Consumption average: 5.1 l/100 km
Rent Motorcycle Romania
|Early Booking Special Offer available for bookings until August 31 – 2022!|
Terms of Rental
- BMW F 800 GS motorcycle rental – a day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday (and Saturday in low season). Pick-up the motorbike or drop it off out of the business hours will cost € 20.
- Should the motorbike be returned prior to the end of the program as stipulated in the contract, no refunds can be made.
- A valid driving license for the rented bike will be requested at the pick-up.
- Receive the motorbike with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning without any visible external defects. Return the motorcycle in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the program, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
- The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be charged with the amount of Euro 100.
- Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
- Should the hirer return the vehicle with an empty tank the refueling service: € 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.
- Pick up and redelivering with more than 1 hour of delay will be charged with the cost of 1 day of rental
- All traffic infringement are the responsibility of the hirer.
Minimum age for rentals
For BMW F800GS, the minimum age required is 24 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license.
Cancellation of Rental Contract by the Client before departure
The client is at all time entitled to cancel the Rental Contract, but must pay Adventure Motorcycle Tours a cancellation charge as stipulated below:
- 61 days or more prior to departure 90 EURO per person / rental cancellation fee
- 60 – 41 days, loss of deposit
- 40 – 31 days will be subject to 50% of rental price
- 30 days or less will be subject to 100% of rental price
We accept MasterCard and Visa on our on-line secure internet payment form, MasterCard, Visa via fax and phone.
We also accept payments by bank transfer and most noteworthy Western Union.
Click here to see our Reservations page for more details.
Rent Motorcycle Romania
- Enjoy the traditional food and drinks. Once you realize the price of good beer and wine you will probably not want to return to your country.
- Visit the charming cities: the Medieval city of Brasov is well known not only for its important tourist attractions, the beauty of the landscape but also, for the night life opportunities: lively pubs, discotheques, excellent restaurants.
- Make friends – plenty of English is spoken and you will find that people are friendly and open.
Ride Romania – it is easy!
- No visa is required and you can get a green card extension insurance from your insurer to cover Romania.
Advice for Americans traveling abroad
According with U.S. government the following advice are to be followed:
Before you go
- Confirm your passport is valid for 6 months from when you think your trip will end. Don’t get stranded.
- Get comprehensive travel insurance to cover you and your gear. Get insurance that’s right for you and covers your activities in the places you’ll go. Remember, regardless of how healthy and fit you are, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
- Consider your physical and mental health. Get advice from your doctor if you’re unsure.
- See your doctor or travel clinic 8 weeks before you go for a basic health check
- Check if your medication is legal and available in the places you’re going. Take enough of your prescribed medicines to last the whole trip. Carry copies of your prescription and a letter from your doctor.
- Tell your bank you’re travelling and check if your cards will work. Have several payment options.
- If you’ll drive overseas check out the local traffic laws and practices. You’re likely to need an International Driving Permit (IDP) as well as your US driver’s license.
- Share your itinerary with friends or family members. Give them copies of your passport
Holidays don’t always go as planned. If you’re going overseas, travel insurance is as important as a passport. Without it, you or your family could suffer financially if things go wrong. No matter who you are, where you’re going and what you’re doing, get insurance.
Travel insurance is especially important if you need medical assistance. Healthcare overseas can be very expensive. Most countries won’t give you free care, or subsidies the cost of your care. You, or your insurer, must usually pay full price.
Travel Advice for Americans visiting Romania
Keep your personal belongings close. Lock hotel and train compartment doors from the inside.
Drink spiking is an issue, especially in Bucharest’s Old Town. Don’t accept food, drinks, gum or cigarettes from people you’ve just met.
Dating and marriage scams occur.
Only use ATM’s in banks, shops and shopping centers, especially at night. Always keep your credit card in sight. Be wary of people you’ve met online.
Penalties for drug offences are severe. They can include jail sentences of up to 20 years.
By law, you must always carry photo ID. Keep your passport in a safe place. Carry a photocopy.
It’s illegal to take photos of airports, military sites or other secure locations.
It’s illegal to engage in sex work or have sexual relations with a person under 18.
Same-sex relationships are legal in Romania, but not widely accepted.
You can get full consular help from the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest.
The motorcycle rental services give you the freedom you need to ride at your own pace.
There is no set itinerary, just you, a map and the open road.
Recommendations are available at the office. The staff will be very happy to give you information on the Best roads to Ride.
Romania in general and Transylvania in particular offers some great winding motorcycle roads, great views and a good selection of hotels and restaurants.
All prices include use of BMW F 800 GS, tank bag, top box.
Should you wish us to remove something, please state your preferences in the booking form.
• Use of a BMW F 800 GS motorcycle model
• Unlimited mileage
• 24 hours support
• Free storage for excessive luggage
• The compulsory insurance against civil liability (third party liability)
• Pillion friendly, no charge for passenger
• modem USB for internet free of charge (depending of availability)
A deposit of € 1500/motorcycle in cash or by credit card will be required for motorbike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
• Return Airport transfers by car from Cluj or Targu Mures Airport (45-60 minutes/transfer) to the garage to collect the motorcycle.
– One way transfer: Euro 35
– Return transfer: Euro 60
• CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance – providing full coverage in case of accident) about €20/rental day
• GPS and motorcycle gear also available for rent at an extra cost.
Reservations are required. We recommend booking early as tours are often sold out well in advance. You can make a reservations on-line. In case of making reservations by phone please call toll-free: 808 101 6781 (UK); 866 376 6183 (US).
You can also make reservations by fax - download and complete the booking form and send it by fax to: 0040-364-405641 or by e-mail!
We require an advance deposit in the amount of Euro 145/person. When you make the reservation online you will be required to pay the deposit. You will receive an automatic response with your Holiday Booking Reference. Once the advance deposit is registered with our accounts we proceed with the reservation for the requested services and issue the Confirmation Letter + Paid Invoice (once the amount is registered with our accounts).
The final payment is due 60 days prior departure. ( After the final payment is made we will issue Travel Voucher). Should the booking be made within 60 days prior to tour departure, entire tour cost is requested at the time of booking. To read Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s Terms and Conditions please visit us on line at: https://motorcycle-tours-europe.us/terms-conditions/
The client is at all time entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live a cancellation charge as stipulated below:
89 days or more prior to departure 90 EURO per person / per tour cancellation fee;
88–61 days, loss of deposit.
60–31 days will be subject to 50% of tour price;
30 days or less will be subject to 100% of tour price.
We do not provide individual tickets for rail, air, boat or ferry.
We only accept VISA and MASTERCARD. Please select only these two types of credit cards for the online payment.
If you pay on-line using our secure internet booking form your credit card can hold any type of currency, the amount of money to be taken will be exchanged in EURO by your bank, at their rates.
We accept RON and EURO for offline credit card payment and wire transfer.
Yes, we do offer discounts provided they travel as a group; Contact us
Yes, depending on the number of your group. Contact us
On-line bookings and payments are processed by Romcard, authorized agent for Mastercard and Visa in Romania and secured by Rapid SSL , the leading secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate Authority enabling secure e-commerce and communications for Web sites. As a tour operator we are governed by the consumer and financial regulations of Romania and of the European Union. Romania’s legislation compels tour operators to protect tourists in case of insolvency.
The motorcycles are to be collected from our Motorcycle Rental Shop in Turda (40 km away from Cluj Napoca, 31A Razboieni Street, city of Turda). Return transfer from Cluj Napoca or Targu Mures Airports to the garage in Turda available on request for an additional charge.
Transfer from Cluj Napoca (or Targu Mures Airport) to Turda available at an extra cost
1 transfer: EURO 35
Return transfer: EURO 60
Transfers from other airports available on request.
Please let us know in advance should you require these services.
Romanian currency is Lei (written symbol Ron). All the places in Romania trade lei (pronunciation: lay). You can bring some euros or US dollars so you can change here the amount of money you need (advisable due to the lower exchange rate). Credit cards are accepted in large hotels, restaurants and malls. ATM machines are available at banks, airports and shopping centers all over the country. (except in remote areas or villages). Foreign currencies may be exchanged at banks or authorized exchange offices. International airports and larger hotels also offer currency exchange services. The tour guide is also responsible for helping clients with money exchange; recommend the exchange offices which charge the lowest commission.
Local Costs in a 3* restaurant: Soft Drink: $1.3; Beer: $1.7; Bottle of Wine: $8.7 - $18, 3 course dinner: $13.28 - $18.11. In shops these products can be 50% cheaper.
ATMs are available in all the cities; near by hotels, our guide will come with good advice and recommendations.
MasterCard ATM Locater– Search by address and by airport
Visa ATM Locator– Search by airport, city and country
In Romania electric power in use is of 220 voltages, AC, usually 2 pronged.
Romania enjoys warm summers and cold winters. In summer, cool cottons are best and in the winter a warm jacket or alike is recommended. Autumn is dry and cool, with fields and trees producing beautifully colored foliage. The weather in October-November is very unpredictable, with daytime temperatures between 6°-17° Celsius (42.80 - 62.60 Fahrenheit), and night time temperatures between 3° - 10°Celsius (37.40 - 50 Fahrenheit); but it is very much possible that you will see some snowfall especially in the mountain areas.
Romanian time is EET (Eastern European Time), two hours ahead of GMT. Check right now what time is in Bucharest, the capital city of Romania: https://time.is/Bucharest
Please bring your complete motorbike gear and helmet.
For 7 days motorcycle rental we recommend:
2 x trousers/long skirts such as Colombia or Kathmandu
1 x shorts
1 x set of bathers
5 x t-shirts
1 x thermal set
1 x polar fleece/jumper/windcheater
5 x socks and underwear
1 good broad rimmed hat
1 x set of thongs/jandals/flip flops
1 x light walking boots
Every Adventure Motorcycle Tours rental includes:
– use of BMW R1200 GS, BMW F800GS, BMW F850GS or BMW G650 GS (single) motorcycles.
– The motorbikes are endowed with top case. Side cases available for rent at an extra cost.
– The Third party Liability in respect of motor vehicles is provided (which is the Compulsory Insurance against Civil liability).
– Unlimited mileage
– Chain lock or disk lock
– All of our motorcycles are passenger friendly. Pillion (passenger) free of charge
– Secure storage for your luggage for the rented period
Extra cost side bags:
2-3 days: EURO 20/day
4-6 days: EURO 17/day
7 – 14 days: EURO 14/day
Over 14 days: EURO 11/day
– Helmets available for rent (although we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort)
– CASCO insurance (comprehensive insurance providing full coverage in case of accident) - 20 € /rental day/motorcycle – A cash deposit of €500 for BMW G650GS or € 1500 for BMW F800GS and BMW 1200GS will be required for bike damage security or loss of accessories. The amount will be refunded at the end of the programme should the bike be returned on time, undamaged and with a full fuel tank.
It is recommended to purchase a travel insurance policy specially designed for adventure holidays.
At an additional cost services of support car and driver/mechanic are available. The mechanic will accompany you in order to ensure the motorcycle service and the security checks and to intervene in case of emergency.
Mechanic services: 90 EURO/day + accommodation and meals
Support car following you on your itinerary: 569 EURO/week + gasoline and parking fees
The support car will be driven by the mechanic. For some sectors pillions could travel in the support car, depending on pillions number and seats available.
A day of rental equals a calendar day, rental hours: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm, closed on Sunday, (and Saturday in low season).
Yes, we can make special arrangements; however, there is an extra charge. Pick-up/drop off out of the business hours will be charged with € 30.
The motor bike will be delivered to the hirer with a full tank of fuel, clean and in perfect state of functioning. The renter will return the bike in the same conditions along with its documents and accessories, at the end of the programme, at the time and place stipulated by the contract.
Vehicles returned with a less than full gas tank will be subject to a refueling charge. (€ 12 plus fuel cost will be charged.) Should the hirer return the bike unclean, the cost of the cleaning services will be applied.
The loss of tools/documents/ accessories will be also charged.
Yes, every motorcycle has a safety and mechanical inspection prior to every rental. We have trained technicians on premises. All motorcycles are maintained to manufacturers' specifications and our technicians are very well acquainted with all rented bikes. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Every renter is provided with an emergency telephone number at pick-up. In case of a mechanical breakdown our staff will arrange for towing to Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location or repair facility.
For BMW F800GS, the minimum age required is 24 years old. The client must hold a full, unrestricted motorcycle license and a minimum 1 year of riding experience. The passenger must be over 14 years of age.
You must have a valid motorcycle license to rent a motorcycle from Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live. The license from your country is sufficient - you don't have to get an international drivers license.
GPS Garmin Zumo 350LM series are available for rental. Price depends on the number of days of rental.
2-3 days – EURO 18/day
4-6 days – EURO 16/day
7-14 days – EURO 13/day
Over 14 days – EURO 10/day
All models have power outlets built into the fairing that allow you to plug in your Global Positioning Unit.
Certain vehicles provide for lockable storage.
Rented motorcycles are permitted across the Romanian borders as long as the Motorcycle is returned to Adventure Motorcycle Touyrs - Transylvania Live’s rental location. However, Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live’s approval is compulsory. Please mention this request on the booking form.
Yes, Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live location offers free, safe and secure storage of your luggage and personal items during your rental.
Unfortunately, at this time Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live does not offer sidecars.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours – Transylvania Live has a good selection of helmets, gloves or rain suites for rent. Please note that the rental of these accessories depends upon availability. However we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort.
2-3 days – EURO 10 /day
4-6 days – EURO 8/ day
7-14 days – EURO 6/day
Over 14 days – EURO 5/day
Yes, for your own safety, and per Romanian law, both you and your passenger are required to wear a certified helmet at all times when you ride our motorcycle.
Adventure Motorcycle Tours - Transylvania Live has started in 1995 and continues to be closely managed by the founder.
Beginners should start with an entry level motorbike. BMW G 650 GS is the perfect choice.